FARO CAM2 SmartInspect Software
FARO CAM2 SMARTINSPECT
THE MEASUREMENT SOFTWARE
Engineered for simplicity, FARO CAM2 SmartInspect is the perfect software for any user that is looking for non CAD-based inspection. The software design is simple and intuitive. Even users without any 3D metrology background can be easily trained.
- Live on-screen 3D view of measurements
- With the Live on-screen view, users can see the results from their measurements shown graphically in projection plane views. The graphical view can also be rotated to show a 3D representation of all the measured features.
- On-screen dimensioning
- Whiskers and tolerances
- Temperature probe
- Barcode functionality
Basic version: All functionality with images
Pro version: An extended version with all functionality, in addition of 3D viewer and on screen dimensioning
- Smart Suggestion Box: Suggestions are always available to the user on what he can do next with the objects selected. This allows new users to get tips and hints on the capabilities that are available to them while expert users can make use of this feature to speed up their workflow.
- QuickTools Import: The QuickTools functionality permits users to import and use the QuickTools programs generated from the FARO CAM2 Measure 10 software.
- Repeated Part Measurement: Once a part has been measured once, the measurement can be repeated as the result of a single button click. Using the “Image View” mode, the second measurement can be performed by any user with a single click.
- Picture support for guided repeat measurement: As with its predecessor FARO CAM2 Gage software, FARO CAM2 SmartInspect now offers the ability to associate real-part pictures where markers can be added to provide clear visual guidance to measurement operators. This enables measurement of a part once a routine has been defined.
- Barcode functionality: Barcodes with inspection plan data can now be created directly in the CAM2 SmartInspect software. With one click on the new FARO barcode reader, the inspection plan will instantly be loaded in the CAM2 SmartInspect software.
- Temperature probe: The temperature probe automatically provides a real-time measurement of the parts’ temperature you are inspecting. Thus the CAM2 SmartInspect software can compensate for the effect that temperature variations have on measurement activities.